Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all enjoyed yourselves over the holidays with friends and family. Now that 2017 is upon us, I'd love to list 5 ways for you to crush your health and fitness resolutions:
1. Think your goals through – Ask yourself specific questions to help understand why your goals have meaning to you. For example, you can ask yourself: What do I want? When will I know when I’m there? Why do I want to achieve this goal?
2. Come up with a realistic action plan – Once you’ve established your goal, figure out an action plan for it. Without an action plan, the resolutions end up being too vague and there isn’t a commitment to achieve it. Begin writing down what realistic and sustainable actions you can take for that goal.
Here are some examples:
“To lose those 10 pounds I’m going to start by hitting the gym three times per week.”
“I will eat healthier by having veggies and lean protein with at least two of my meals per day.”
"I'm going to be more active throughout the day by parking my car further away from the office and start taking the stairs instead of the elevator."
3. Have a support network – Having someone to keep you accountable helps you stay on track with your goals. Tell someone whether it be your SO, friends, parents what they are so they can help you along the way.
4. Execute, but be flexible – Once you’ve laid out what you want to accomplish and how, go out there and crush it! During your journey, there will definitely be setbacks so have backup plans to help keep you on track. Sometimes goals can change mid-way but that’s completely okay. Simply modify your goals slightly or re-prioritize but don’t give up on them.
5. Evaluate your progress - As you continue to work hard on your resolutions, track your progress. Often times we beat ourselves up because we think we’re not making progress but we actually are, we just don't realize it. If you are tracking and not making progress, it will help you make adjustments so you can stay on track.
It's officially 2017 guys, the reset button has been hit and it's going to be your year. Let's crush it!